Hey y’all! I feel like it has been too long since I have sat down to write a blog post to share on NiaTrition. It feels good to be back, vibe'n to Moon Taxi and just typing away. I’m even more excited to share this blog post with you because it involves butternut squash, a little nutmeg, some cheese and a whole lotta love, your tastebuds are going to freak!
The autumn harvest has brought us a variety of healthful and delicious produce that are full of irresistible flavors so what better way to incorporate them all together than a lasagna recipe, Butternut Squash Lasagna to be specific. If you keep up with me on Instagram you saw that I was prepping "zucchini lasagna noodles" or zoodles for this recipe the other night, however you can always substitute the zoodles for organic whole wheat lasagna noodles. I always like to mention that NiaTrition is simply here for inspiration. Inspiring delicious, whole, clean and nutritious meal ideas, so always feel free to change it up a bit or add your cooking style!
Well lets get to it, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
People always ask me "if the recipe is hard" and well I wouldn't say that, but I would say it takes a little bit of extra time. The only reason I mention that is because the butternut squash needs to be cooked before starting the layering of the lasagna. I actually cooked my butternut squash the day before starting this recipe, which shaved off a lot of time!
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour & 40 minutes
1 medium butternut squash (cooked)
5-6 ounces of spinach, which is about a whole package of spinach
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 - 1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 zucchinis (thinly sliced)
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Mix, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, butternut squash, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper until you reach somewhat of a smooth consistency.
- Lightly oil a casserole dish with the olive oil
- Start the layering of the lasagna - Start with zucchini then the butternut squash mix, then evenly spread spinach all around and then lightly sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Continue this layering process until all ingredients are used.
- I then lightly sprinkled a little more nutmeg and cinnamon on the top of lasagna (optional)
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
With love & health,